I recently decided to undertake a massive reading project which entailed pulling some favorites off the shelves for a second pass and ordering others that I’d lost track of or hadn’t yet read.
I mentioned the project on Google+ and solicited recommendations from others. I received a number of excellent suggestions, some of which I was familiar with, while others were completely foreign to me. I was ultimately able to compile an awesome list of social media, digital marketing, and general business/management books.
The end result was the following list (in no particular order):
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s The Thank You Economy
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s Crush It!
- Tamar Weinberg’s The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
- Scott Stratten’s UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging.
- Charlene Li & Josh Bernoff’s Marketing in the Groundswell
- Josh Bernoff & Ted Schadler’s Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, & Transform Your Business
- Chip & Dan Heath’s Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- Marcus Buckingham’s First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently
- Brian Halligan & Dharmesh Shah’s Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (New Rules Social Media Series)
- Jason Falls & Erik Deckers’s No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
- Brian Solis’s The End of Business As Usual: Rewire the Way You Work to Succeed in the Consumer Revolution
- John Jantsch’s The Referral Engine: Teaching Your Business to Market Itself
- John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
- C.C. Chapman & Ann Handley’s Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business (New Rules Social Media Series)
- Bob Burg & John David Mann’s It’s Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business
- Bob Burg & John David Mann’s The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea
- Larry Weber’s Everywhere: Comprehensive Digital Business Strategy for the Social Media Era
- Chris Brogan & Julien Smith’s Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
- Lon Safko’s The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success
I am most of the way through the list and have found the experience to be incredibly educational and useful (even in the case of the books I’m re-reading).
Do you have a favorite (recent or older) book that you feel should be on this list? Please share it with me below in the comments.